Community Based Children’s Mental Health Wraparound Programs

Community Based Children’s Mental Health Wraparound Programs


Community-Based Wraparound Programs Provide Help for Hurting Kids

Indiana has several programs for children and youth with serious emotional problems that allow your family to receive services in your home and the community. These are family-driven programs in which support services are “wrapped around” the family.

You can get this help from one of three programs: Children’s Mental Health Initiative (CMHI), Children’s Mental Health Wraparound (CMHW), or the Money Follows the Person - Psychiatric Rehabilitation Treatment Facility (MFP-PRTF).

These are voluntary programs in which you choose to participate. The goal of the programs is to help you keep your child at home and your family intact. These programs are about you and your child. You will identify your child’s and family’s strengths and needs. You’ll get help finding support to meet those needs.

Who's Eligible?

  • Your child must be at least age 6 and under age 18.
  • Your child must meet criteria for two or more DSM IV-TR diagnoses (subject to several exclusions).
  • Your child must have a need for intense services and achieve a minimum score on the qualifying assessment.  The no charge assessment is performed to determine the level of need, and the intensity of service required.
  • Your child must be eligible for Indiana Medicaid OR the family must have trouble accessing services because insurance will not cover the cost of services OR the child must be returning home from a stay at a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) or state hospital.

Crossroad has been selected by the State of Indiana to serve as an Access Site, coordinator, and/or service provider for these programs in Allen County. The access site coordinator at Crossroad will help you learn if your child qualifies for one of these intensive programs.

For more information about these programs, please contact:

Kylie Riecken, B.S.
Access Site Coordinator

260.484.4153, ext. 2060